Whether you recently lost your job or are ready to jump ship from your current position, we strongly advise that applicants follow an organised and planned approach to job seeking. By painting the picture of a desperate job seeker, you may jeopardise your earning potential, level of future employment and prospective growth opportunities.
Stay calm and get noticed :
- Develop a professional brand depicting a confident, experienced and qualified professional. Showcase your ability to influence business and service a niche market. Draw inspiration from the business profiles of successful game players.
- Be specific and find a title or role description best representing your expertise. Clearly communicate achievements, contributions and skills that set you apart from other candidates. Ask yourself, "What do I want to achieve with my business profile or CV?".
- Connect with industry leaders and specialists. Participate in discussions, but do not flood the inboxes of business partners with CVs or requests for employment. Rather propose the provision of a service, business collaboration or filling of a specialist function, to benefit their organisations.
- Attempt to speak to a specialist recruiter or hiring manager before applying for an advertised role. Discuss available options. Protect your privacy and make certain that you discuss your profile with a professional.
- As recruiters we tend to give less attention to applicants who approach us with requests to be considered for “any available role that will fit their skills”. It is important to be focused and clear about the reason for the contact and the desired outcome.
- Stay on top of business news and market trends. This can be a good indicator of industry developments and potential new vacancies.
Contact: The Corporate Hub - Recruitment and Search Specialists